Joseph P. McDonald founded the McDonald Funeral Home in 1995. Ground breaking for the funeral home at 1002 12th Avenue was in October, 1994. This facility has a large room that has the capability of being divided so that two families can hold visitations simultaneously. Another feature is the family lounge area. Within four years a separate office and conference room building was required to be built. This building is on ground level and features a spacious casket selection room, three conference rooms as well as the addition of the crematory, to better serve the families in the Rock Falls / Sterling area.
In 2003, brought the purchase of an existing building in Prophetstown, this was the first expansion into Whiteside County. After completely remodeling this facility, it is tastefully decorated with a modern elegance and is completely accessible to all. The facility has a chapel for large or small gatherings as well as a lounge for the family's use.
In December of 2004, came the purchase of the former Allen-Grennan Funeral Homes in Sterling and Milledgeville from the Alderwoods Group, an out of state conglomerate. Both facilities have been completely remodeled in a tasteful yet peaceful setting for your family's comfort.
The final addition to the McDonald Funeral Home was in April 2008, with the purchase of yet another existing building on the eastern edge of Fulton. Once the extensive remodeling and redecorating of this facility was completed, it gave the residents of Fulton and Albany an option. Fulton can easily be used for a large gathering, has a large family lounge as well as a reception area that can be used for funeral luncheons after the funeral or memorial service is held.
All of the five McDonald Funeral Home facilities are handicapped accessible, tastefully decorated, bright, inviting and we have made every effort to provide a quiet, comforting atmosphere where families and friends can gather for support and reflection.